A. General Information
The members of the staff and the students of this college and other persons specialty permitted by the Principal may use the library. The following are the rules o library.
1. The Library will remain opened during the College hours everyday except on Sunday and other authorised holidays.
2. Two periods of every working day are set apart for office work of the library and unring that period boods will not be issued and the return of books will not he acknowledged.
3 . Arrangements are made to keep the library open during either long vacation.
4. On production of the admission, fee receipt, library cards are issued to the students along with the Identity Cards; The old cards stand valid only with its renewal by College office each new session.
B. Rules Commion to All Borrowers of Books:
1. No. book should be taken out of the library without knowledge of the libratian and until it has been properly entered in the loan register and duly attested by the borrower.
Members of the staff duting their class work may however borrow hooks from the library for the immediate reference on presentation of slips duly signed by them Books borrowed by the staff in such a manner must be returned before the last period of that day.
2. Each borrower must examine the condition of the books before they are issued otherwise in case of mutation treed out later the presumption will be against the borrower.
3. Books should be retuned to the library within the period allowed to a borrower Time allowed to a borrower to return is 15 days from the date of issue.
4. When the date of the return of books falls on an authorised holiday it should be returned to the library on the next working day.
5. All books belonging to the library in the possession of borrower should he returned to the library before the College closes for long vacation as also by the order of the principal as and when deemed necessary.
6. A borrower should return book soon to the library whenever he receives a equistion notice for the return of that hook to enable smooth circulation among readers.
7. Books taken out of the library must he returned to the libtatian and to nobody else.
8.No marginal or other note of any kind shall be made in the library books
not shall any pictures he drawn or pages be removed or torn or otherwise disfigured. In extreme case the borrowe shall be asked to replace the hook damaged by him if the borrower fails to do so, the principal shall charge on him a penalty in pursuance of the instruction received from the Directorate (Higher Education ) from time to time. The Librarian will report to the principal against persons responsible for in proper use of the library books.
10. A borrower against who any over due or other charge is outstanding shall not be allowed to be more books from the library and any one who has got a Library deposit shall not be allowed to withdraw his deposit until the Library dues are cleaned up.
11. If any borrower keeps the books in his/ her possession for a period more than the time allowed be more books will be issued to him/her until the books borrowed are returned to the Library. In an extreme case the privilege of using the Library may be denied to such persons.
12. All those who may happen to be inside the Library on its neighborhood are expected to observe strict silence. The libraian is authorised to see that the rule of silence is strictly observed and report any willfull breach of the rule professors are also expected to use their influence to promote the observance of the rule whenever they are in the library and to report the Principal the case of deliberate disobedience and misbehaviors if any.
13. Conversation of any type except what is absolutely necessary for the transition of library is forbidden inside the library.
14. The Library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading or consulting books and periodicals.
15. Article connected with the study of books should not be brought to the Library.
16. Spitting or smoking inside the Library are strictly prohibited.
17. The entry of any unothorised person to the Library shall be prevented by the librarian and library staff. They should report the principal such cases.
18. Cases of intivilety either on the part of itending borrows or on the part of the library should at once be reported to the principal.
19. None but members of teaching staff may be go beyond the library counter person getting special permission from the principal may also work inside the library.
20. The following is a list showing the maximum number of books that may be issued to the various class of borrowers.
a) Members of the teaching staff 25 each
b) Librarian and Demonstrator 5 each
c) Ministerial staff and other class III employees 3 each
d) Degree students (hons) 4 each
e) Degree students (pass) 3 each
f) +2 students 2 each
g) Class IV Staff 2 each
21. A hook once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him only when no body wants to take that book.
22. Book of reference courses of the periodical and para books shall not be issued for use at home without the special permission of the principal.
So long as the next issue of the periodical is not received to be considered as te current issue. No more than 3 jurnals at a time should to a members of the teaching staff and not more than one to other employees of the college. The members of the teaching staff may keep the journals for 3 days and others for one day.
23. The book lost derneged and defected by borrower must be replace by him if a book is one of a set or series and the volume cannot be obtained in single the whole set or series must be replaced Borrower foiling to make such replacement must pay the amount to be fixed by the principal in accordance with the instruction of the Director (H.E.) received from time to time, in case where the price of lost books cannot be ascertained he should pay as compensation an amount fixed by the principal.
C . Special Rules for Students
1. Students intending to borrow books from the library should submit their requisition slip containing the title and catalogue number of the books they want giving their Roll No. and class on the top margin before one day. The issue of books for home use will commence from 1 P.M to 3P.M. Books however will be returned from 10 AM . to 2 PM .
2. a) Text books specially reserved for lecturers will not he issued to students.
b) Reference books may be issued for reading in library on the permission of the principal.
c) Ordinarily no books will be re-issued.
3. Journals should not be taken home they should be returned to the librarian before the last period of the day on which they are issued At the time of borrowing and returning a book the borrower is required to present his Library Card and Identity Card to the librarian.
4. It is a serious offence for any borrower to borrow books against other name.
5. In case a student loges his library card, a new card may be issued to him in lieu of the lost one on payment of requisite fee in the College Office.